- This event has passed.
E-Training Session at Open Space, ABQ
March 6, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
“10 Ways to Reduce Accidents and Injuries”
by David Biderman, CEO & Executive Director, SWANA
(A Training Session Originally Presented and Recorded on June 16, 2015)
The New Mexico Roadrunner Chapter of SWANA will be offering a training program for FREE on March 6, 2018. This Training Session will show a pre-recorded presentation (E-Session) from a highly experienced and recognized solid waste professional, Mr. David Biderman, SWANA CEO and Executive Director.
The training session will also include a follow-up discussion between the attendees comparing the presentation information with comparable examples of New Mexico solid waste and recyclable material operations. Highlights of Mr. Biderman’s presentation include:
• Recent data pertaining to where accidents, particularly fatal accidents, occur
• Data trends regarding frequency and types of accidents at smaller employers
• The value of reviewing accident data
• The need for consistent observation and enforcement of safety standards
• The value of creating a safety culture where safety resources and communication resources are regularly utilized
• SWANA’s plan to expand its safety program, consistent with its new strategic plan
As part of the overall training event, a light lunch and refreshments will be served.
In addition, NMED/SWB has reviewed the content of this Training Session and determined that it meets the definition of “alternate training”. Therefore, participants can earn two (2) credit hours (i.e., CEUs) for attendance, which can be used by Certified Operators toward the renewal of their Operator Certification. (Note: Renewal of Operator Certification requires 24 hours of approved course work within 3 years of previous Certification issuance).
E-Session Training Summary
• Cost: FREE
• CEUs: Two (2)
• Lunch and Beverages: Provided
• Registration: Required
• Documentation of Attendance: will be provided to each attendee
• Documentation of E-Session: a printed copy of the E-Session slides will be provided to each attendee
REGISTRATION REQUIRED for this FREE EVENT
• Register ONLINE by adding a “Ticket” below
• Download and email the registration form to email@example.com
• Download and fax the registration form to (844) 533-1204